How To Stop Kittens From Biting And Scratching
Read about a few easy ways to build a fun relationship with your cat with little to no petting induced aggression.
How to stop kittens from biting and scratching. This teaches the cat that. Don t use your hands during play kittens are cute fluffy and irresistible it is natural to want to caress them and play with them using your hands however doing so is asking for a scratch or a bite. Try to understand their behaviour.
If your kitten absolutely will not stop biting you try putting a bad tasting but non toxic substance on your hands before playing with or petting the kitten. You can get bitter apple or bitter cherry spray for this purpose at most pet stores or at your vet s office. You can also direct them to a scratching post or another outlet for their behavior.
Playful biting of hands or feet often occurs simply because your cat is bored and is looking for a play object. Because it can be difficult to diagnose flea infestation in cats some veterinarians recommend trying reliable flea control products purchased from a veterinary office for six to eight weeks to see if it reduces the incidence of licking scratching or chewing. It is very important that you do not roughhouse with your kitten and allows them to bite or scratch at any age.
Learn your cats preferences. Here are some useful tips to stop your kitten from inappropriate scratching and biting. When kittens scratch and bite it s likely that they ve been encouraged to do so at some point in the past.
Hitting shouting or punishing your cat could confuse them and have an adverse reaction so try to keep your temper when training your cat to stop biting. How to stop scratching and biting. When trying to stop your cat from biting or scratching remember that showing aggression yourself could worsen the problem.
The moment your cat stops biting or scratching you stand up and walk away in a dismissive fashion without any further interaction. This is especially common if you or your children thought the behavior was cute when the kitten was very small. Make sure that the cat is all alone in the room with no human interaction for 5 to 10 minutes.
- French Bulldog Breeder Goshen Ohio
- French Bulldog Breeders In Ontario
- French Bulldog Breeders Austin Tx
- French Bulldog Breeders In Oh
- French Bulldog Breeders In Charlotte Nc
- French Bulldog Adoption Houston Tx
- French Bulldog Blue Merle For Sale
- French Bulldog Breeders In Allentown Pa
- French Bulldog Blue Nose Pitbull British Bulldog
- French Bulldog Adoption Nyc
- French Bulldog Breeder Dayton Ohio
- French Bulldog Breeders For Sale
- French Bulldog Adoption Jacksonville Fl
- French Bulldog Blue Eyes Puppy
- French Bulldog Breeders In Cleveland Ohio
- French Brittany Spaniel Puppies For Sale Near Me
- French Bulldog Adoption Miami Florida
- French Bulldog Boston Terrier Pitbull Mix
- French Bulldog Breeder Cleveland Ohio
- French Bulldog Breeders For Sale Near Me