Newfoundland Dog Breed Characteristics
The newfoundland is a large dog standing at between 63cm to 74cm both male and female.
Newfoundland dog breed characteristics. They can be either black brown grey or white and black. The newfoundland is truly a massive dog in all respects. The newfoundland is a large working dog.
They were originally bred and used as working dogs for fishermen in newfoundland. He has an extensive muscular body with the thick doubled coat with massive tail having remarkable swimming abilities. Its double coat consists of a soft dense undercoat and a coarse moderately long and straight outer coat.
It is slightly longer than it is tall. In here you will find their characteristics as well as their pros and cons. If i was considering a newfoundland i would be most concerned about.
The history of the newfoundland dog is unsure but the breed as we know it today originated from dogs which were brought from newfoundland to england in the early 1800 s. Its soft expression reflects its benevolent and dignified temperament. Newfoundland is a giant and sizeable working dog breed in the world.
The newfie breed standard says that a sweet temperament is the most important single characteristic of the breed the newf s sterling character is expressed in their affinity for kids. Adult newfoundlands need more exercise to keep them in shape but not in hot or humid weather for fear of overheating. Standing at an average of 26 to 28 inches in height and weighing from 120 to 150 pounds the powerful heavily boned newfoundland is strong enough to drag a drowning man from a turbulent sea.
The newfoundland dog breed features large calm and friendly dogs. Young newfoundlands need enough exercise to keep them lean and healthy but not so much that their soft growing bones joints and ligaments become over stressed and damaged. However in the dominion of newfoundland before it became part of the confederation of canada only black and landseer coloured dogs were considered to be proper members of the breed.
- When Will Puppies Stop Biting Hands
- When Should My Kitten Start Eating Dry Food
- When To Let Kittens Outside Alone
- When To Wean Kittens From Their Mother
- When Should My Kitten Go Outside
- When To Let My Kitten Outside
- Where Can U Adopt A Dog Near Me
- When Will Kittens Eat Dry Food
- When Should Newborn Kittens Open Their Eyes
- When Your Dog Barks In His Sleep
- When Should I Start Letting My Kitten Outside
- When To Wean Kittens From Mother
- When Should You Let Your Kitten Outside
- When Should Ragdoll Kittens Leave Their Mother
- When Will Puppies Lose Their Teeth
- When To Feed Kittens Canned Food
- When Will My Kittens Stop Nursing
- When To Let New Kitten Outside
- When Should Kittens Get Shots
- When Will Puppy Stop Teething And Biting